13: Metamorphic Rocks and Processes
- Last updated
Save as PDF
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Classify metamorphic rocks based on their texture and mineral content and explain the origins of these differences.
- Determine the grade of metamorphism based on grain size and possible index minerals.
- Recognize metamorphic environments and types of metamorphism.
- 13.1: Front Matter
- 13.2: Activity 13A- Identifying Metamorphic Textures
- 13.3: Activity 13B- Interpreting Metamorphic Index Minerals
- 13.4: Activity 13C- Determining Metamorphic Environments
- 13.5: Activity 13D- Exploring Metamorphic Environments in Google Earth
- 13.6: Activity 13E- Metamorphic Rock Identification
- 13.7: Activity 13F- Google Virtual Field Trip- Serpentinite and Blueschist
Thumbnail: “Metamorphic Rock” (CC-BY 4.0; Emily Haddad, own work)