Use the figure below to answer the questions in this section.
- The flat, platy minerals common in foliated metamorphic rocks are:
- Which of the following minerals would likely be found in a high-grade metamorphic rock?
- Which of the following minerals would likely be found in a low-grade metamorphic rock?
- Which mineral is unstable in the staurolite zone?
- Which index minerals will not be found together in the same rock?
- chlorite and garnet
- chlorite and kyanite
- biotite and staurolite
- biotite and muscovite
- Figure 13.23: “Index Minerals” (CC-BY 4.0; Chloe Branciforte, own work)