After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe the processes of weathering, erosion and lithification as they relate to the formation of sediments and sedimentary rocks.
- Identify sedimentary rocks and their features.
- Interpret sediments, sedimentary structures and sedimentary rocks to infer potential depositional environments.
- 11.2: Activity 11A - Concept Sketches and Sedimentary Processes
- A concept sketch is a simplified drawing illustrating the main aspects of landscape or system. It is annotated with concise but complete labels that identify important features. Short sentences describe the processes that are occurring. The final aim is to show the relationships between features and processes. It is not simply a sketch labeled with only the names of features.
Thumbnail: “Sedimentary Rock” (CC-BY 4.0; Emily Haddad, own work)