1. List and briefly describe the five factors of soil formation.
2. List five different types of parent materials and the process(es) that formed/transported/deposited the parent material.
3. Compare and contrast two types of parent materials (geomorphic processes, spatial distribution, timing, dominant properties, etc.).
4. What are the two principal climatic variables influencing soil formation, and how do changes in these variables influence soil formation?
5. Compare and contrast the role of grassland vegetation versus trees in soil formation.
6. How do animals influence soil formation?
7. How does topography influence soil formation?
8. Describe a catena.
9. How do soils change over time?
10. List and briefly describe the four basic processes of soil formation.