1. According to your reading, world soils are now managed to provide what four functions?
2. What are the two main agents that erode soil and what percentage of area worldwide is affected by each?
3. Describe the two main types of soil erosion.
4. What are the different forms of water erosion?
5. What are the five main drivers of wind erosion in arid and semi-arid regions?
6. What are three on-site and three off-site problems with soil erosion?
7. What are the three leading causes of accelerated soil erosion and what percentage is attributed to each?
8. Where are the six main “hot spots of soil erosion” in the world?
9. When, why, and how did soil conservation begin in the United States?
10. What is the Conservation Reserve Program and how does it help soil conservation?