2.9: Soil Chemistry
- Page ID
1. pH is the balance between what two ions? How are the concentrations of these two ions related?
2. What are the four different pools of soil acidity?
3. Describe three processes that cause soil acidity and three processes that cause alkalinity.
4. What is the difference between acid saturation and base saturation?
5. How does rainfall affect soil pH?
6. What does soil buffering refer to?
7. How does acid rain influence soil pH?
8. How do salt-affected soils develop? Where are you most likely to find salt-affected soils?
9. Describe the four different ways to measure and report soil salinity/sodicity.
10. Describe the three different classes of salt-affected soils.