1. In what four ways can you describe soil aeration?
2. Oxygen availability in soils is regulated by what three principal factors?
3. Describe the two ways in which gases are exchanged between the soil and the atmosphere.
4. How does the gaseous composition of soil compare to the atmosphere?
5. What is redox potential and why is it important?
6. Briefly describe the different types of redoximorphic features found in soils.
7. Describe three natural processes that are affected by soil temperature.
8. Explain how a wildfire can result in a mudslide.
9. How does soil water content influence soil temperature?
10. How does soil temperature vary with time and depth?