1. Why is water polarity important?
2. Draw a diagram that illustrates water hydrogen bonding.
3. What two factors allow water to flow by capillarity, and what controls the height of capillary rise?
4. List and describe the three forces that affect the energy level of soil water.
5. List and describe four factors that influence hydraulic conductivity.
6. What values do you need to know to calculate the saturated flow rate within a soil?
7. Explain the difference between infiltration and percolation.
8. What is the term for the difference between the field capacity and wilting coefficient?
9. What are the three ways that water moves through a soil?
10. Explain the gravimetric method for measuring soil water content.