After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Relate magma type with plate boundaries.
- Recognize volcanic types and materials.
- Associate volcano form with eruption type and magma type.
- Recognize the hazards associated with volcanoes.
- 8.4: Activity 8C - Association of Magma Type with Tectonic Setting
- The questions in this exercise demonstrate the control that tectonic setting has on the type of magma produced.
- 8.6: Activity 8E - Volcanic Landforms
- The composition of a melt may also control what type of volcanic features or landforms are seen on the Earth’s surface. In this exercise, you will use the browser version of Google Earth to identify these landform
Thumbnail: “Eruption from Manzanita Lake” (Public Domain; USGS)