- Page ID
Research included in this lesson was sponsored by a grant from the Center for Rural Pennsylvania, a legislative agency of the Pennsylvania General Assembly. The Center for Rural Pennsylvania is a bipartisan, bicameral legislative agency that serves as a resource for rural policy within the Pennsylvania General Assembly. It was created in 1987 under Act 16, the Rural Revitalization Act, to promote and sustain the vitality of Pennsylvania’s rural and small communities. Information contained in this report does not necessarily reflect the views of individual board members of the Center for Rural Pennsylvania. For more information, contact the Center for Rural Pennsylvania, 625 Forster St., Room 902. Harrisburg, PA 17120, telephone (717) 787-9555; email: email@example.com, www.rural.palegislature.us.
- Brasier, K., & Rhubart, D. (2016). Report to the Center for Rural Pennsylvania: Changes in Crime Related to Marcellus Shale Development. Center for Rural Pennsylvania.
- Brasier, K., & Perchinski, J. (2016). Report to the Center for Rural Pennsylvania: Traffic Impacts of Marcellus Shale Development. Center for Rural Pennsylvania.
- Cortese, Charles F. and Bernie Jones. 1977. “The Sociological Analysis of Boomtowns.” Western Sociological Review 8(1):75-90.
- Freudenburg, W. R. (1993). Risk and recreancy: Weber, the division of labor, and the rationality of risk perceptions. Social Forces, 71(4), 909.
- Freudenburg, William R. and Robert Gramling. 1993. “Socioenvironmental Factors and Development Policy: Understanding Opposition and Support for Offshore Oil.” Sociological Forum 8:341-364.
- Jacquet, Jeffrey. 2009. Energy Boomtowns & Natural Gas: Implications for Marcellus Shale Local Governments & Rural Communities. NERCRD Rural Development Paper 43.
- Jacquet, J. B., & Kay, D. L., (2014). The unconventional boomtown: Updating the impact model to fit new spatial and temporal scales. Journal of Rural and Community Development, 9(1), 1-23.
- Stedman, R. C., Jacquet, J. B., Filteau, M. R., Willits, F. K., Brasier, K. J., & McLaughlin, D. K. (2012). Environmental Reviews and Case Studies: Marcellus shale gas development and new boomtown research: Views of New York and Pennsylvania residents. Environmental Practice, 14(4), 382-393.
- Willits, F.K., K. Brasier, M. Filteau, J. Jacquet, D.K. McLaughlin, R. Stedman. 2010. Community Satisfaction and Change: A Study of Communities in the Marcellus Shale Region. University Park, PA, Penn State.