Let's take some time to reflect on what we've covered in this lesson!
For this activity, I want you to reflect on what we've covered in this lesson and to consider how you might adapt these materials to your own classroom. Since this is a discussion activity, you will need to enter the discussion forum more than once in order to read and respond to others' postings. The discussion will take place during the second week of this lesson.
Submitting your work
- Enter the "Teaching and Learning About Tsunamis" discussion forum in Canvas.
- Post your ideas for how the materials we covered in this lesson might be adapted for your own classroom.
- I would also like to see some discussion of what you thought were the major science concepts/science skills presented in this lesson. That will help me find out if you got what I wanted you to get out of the lesson. I mean, I am trying to model good teaching skills here so you can tell me if that's working or not!
- Read postings by other EARTH 501 students.
- Respond to at least one other posting by asking for clarification, asking a follow-up question, expanding on what has already been said, etc.
You will be graded on the quality of your participation. Please see the rubric for teaching/learning discussions.