Fill in the following information pertaining to the nutrient cycles provided previously-
|Nutrient Inputs||Nutrient Losses||Is weathering a factor? (Y/N)||Is soil organic matter a factor? (Y/N)||
- How does CEC affect the cycling processes of P and K?
- Name one soil management strategy used to decrease the following scenarios:
- Volatilization of N:
- Runoff of P inputs from manure:
- Leaching of N, P, or K:
- How does nutrient cycling contribute to overall “soil health”?
- What are two techniques to increase soil C sequestration?
- Name two techniques to reduce P losses to water.
- Which soil, a sandy loam or clay loam, would have a larger buffering capacity for potassium? Why?
Fill in the following information pertaining nutrient availability and pH
|Nutrient||pH range most available||pH range least available|