Many coastal engineering topics are discussed in scientific journals. Examples of such (mostly peer-reviewed) international journals are:
- Coastal Engineering. An international journal for coastal, harbour and offshore engineers, Elsevier Science;
- Journal of Waterway, Port, Coastal and Ocean Engineering. American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) Publications;
- Coastal Engineering Journal. World Scientific Publishing;
- Journal of Geophysical Research – Oceans. American Geophysical Union (AGU) Publications;
- Ocean & Coastal Management. Elsevier Science.
- Journal of Coastal Research. Coastal Education and Research Foundation;
- Shore & Beach. American Shore and Beach Preservation Association (ASBPA);
- The Open Access Journal Water. Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI).