1. Figure 18.19 is a section from the topographic map and an aerial image from Death Valley National Park.
a. Identify the desert landform at A.
b. Examine the area around the yellow star. Identify the river flow pattern here.
2. Figure 18.20 shows Badwater Basin in Death Valley National Park.
a. Identify the desert landform outlined in yellow at B.
b. In general, how would the sediment size change moving from the mountains out into the valley?
3. Figure 18.21 is of Panamint Valley located at the northern end of Death Valley National Park.
a. Which desert landform is currently located at C?
b. Which desert landform would be present WITHOUT the water?
c. What minerals would likely develop here?
- Figure 18.19: “Desert Landforms and Drainage” (CC-BY 4.0; Chloe Branciforte via Earth Point and Google Earth, own work)
- Figure 18.20: “Badwater Basin” (CC-BY 4.0; Chloe Branciforte via Google Earth, own work)
- Figure 18.21: “Death Valley exit SR 190 view Panamint Butte Flash Flood” (CC-BY-SA 3.0; Tuxyso via Wikimedia Commons)