- Southern California Earthquake Center - Educational Resources
- Public Earthquake Resource Center (PERK)
- USGS Educational Resources for Teachers
- National Geographic's Forces of Nature -- Earthquakes
Nature podcast featuring Seth Stein and the New Madrid fault zone:
A good book written for nonscientists about the 1811–1812 New Madrid sequence:
- Feldman, J., When the Mississippi Ran Backwards: Empire, Intrigue, Murder, and the New Madrid Earthquakes, Simon & Schuster, 2005.
Newman et al. (1999) Slow Deformation and Lower Seismic Hazard at the New Madrid Seismic Zone, Science, 284, 619–621.
Boyd, O.S., R. Smalley, Jr., and Y. Zheng (2015), Crustal deformation in the New Madrid seismic zone and the role of postseismic processes, J. Geophys. Res. Solid Earth, 120, 5782–5803, doi:10.1002/2015JB012049.