The goals and objectives of this chapter are to:
- Understand the significance of the atmosphere.
- Describe the composition of the atmospheric gasses.
- Explain the major layers of the atmosphere and their importance.
- Analyze the relationships between energy, temperature, and heat.
- Describe how the Sun influences seasonality.
- Describe how heat is transferred around the planet.
CC licensed content, Shared previously
- Dynamic Earth: Introduction to Physical Geography. Authored by: R. Adam Dastrup. Located at: http://www.opengeography.org/physical-geography.html. Project: Open Geography Education. License: CC BY-SA: Attribution-ShareAlike