The goals and objectives of this chapter are to:
- Describe the basic processes, functions, and influences of weathering and erosion.
- Describe the various types of mass wasting processes.
- Compare the difference between fast and slow subsidence and how it may be limited.
- Describe how streams have the ability to erode and deposit sediment.
- Explain how groundwater can erodes limestone to form caves.
- Describe how wave actions erode coastlines and create coastal landforms.
- Explain how wind erodes and transports sediment in arid regions of the world.
- Describe how glaciers erode and carve out the landscape.
CC licensed content, Shared previously
- Dynamic Earth: Introduction to Physical Geography. Authored by: R. Adam Dastrup. Located at: http://www.opengeography.org/physical-geography.html. Project: Open Geography Education. License: CC BY-SA: Attribution-ShareAlike