Plate tectonics is the unifying theory of geology. Plate tectonics theory explains why:
- Earth’s geography has changed through time and continues to change today.
- some places are prone to earthquakes while others are not.
- certain regions may have deadly, mild, or no volcanic eruptions.
- mountain ranges are located where they are.
Plate tectonic motions affect Earth’s rock cycle, climate, and the evolution of life.
CC licensed content, Shared previously
- Dynamic Earth: Introduction to Physical Geography. Authored by: R. Adam Dastrup. Located at: http://www.opengeography.org/physical-geography.html. Project: Open Geography Education. License: CC BY-SA: Attribution-ShareAlike
All rights reserved content
- Plate Tectonics - A Documentary. Authored by: Isaac Frame. Located at: https://youtu.be/1-HwPR_4mP4. License: All Rights Reserved. License Terms: Standard YouTube License