This chapter has several goals and objectives:
- Explain the controlling factors of global climates.
- Describe the various global climates and biomes classified using the Koppen Classification System.
- Analyze Earth’s climatic past and how scientists measure and collect climate data.
- Describe the causes of short-term and long-term climate change.
- Determine why the overwhelming majority of scientists believe the current warming of the planet is because of
- human activity.
- In what ways does climate influence regional culture?
- What impacts could a changing climate have on local, regional, and international social, economic, and geopolitical stability?
- Should global environmental issues like climate change be resolved by individuals, nations, or international institutions like the United Nations?
- What is your worldview on global environmental issues and how they should be addressed?
CC licensed content, Shared previously
- Dynamic Earth: Introduction to Physical Geography. Authored by: R. Adam Dastrup. Located at: http://www.opengeography.org/physical-geography.html. Project: Open Geography Education. License: CC BY-SA: Attribution-ShareAlike