By the end of this chapter, you should be able to:
- draw the PBL and its diurnal variation
- perform Reynolds averaging on an equation and derive an equation for the turbulent parts
- explain kinematic fluxes
- show vertical motion using eddy fluxes
- explain turbulent kinetic energy (TKE) and its behavior
- sketch the surface energy budget for different conditions
Please see Canvas for a list of required assignments, due dates, and submission instructions.
If you have any questions, please post them to the Course Questions discussion forum, located in Canvas. I will check that discussion forum daily to respond. While you are there, feel free to post your own responses if you, too, are able to help out a classmate.