7: Igneous Rocks and Processes
- Last updated
Save as PDF
After completing this chapter, you should be able to:
- Determine the cooling history of the igneous rock.
- Identify, when possible, the minerals present in an igneous rock.
- Classify igneous rock types based on color, composition, and texture.
- 7.1: Front Matter
- 7.2: Activity 7A - The Mafic Color Index (MCI)
- 7.3: Activity 7B - Determining Igneous Textures
- 7.4: Activity 7C - Determining Igneous Rock Compositions
- 7.5: Activity 7D - Determining Textures and Compositions from Samples
- 7.6: Activity 7E- Identifying Igneous Rocks
- 7.7: Activity 7F - Igneous Rocks in Yosemite National Park
Thumbnail: “Igneous Rock” (CC-BY 4.0; Emily Haddad, own work)